Wednesday 29 May 2013

Shock to the system

This is going to be a bit of a before and after post.

So tonight hails the start of the 'Summer of Touch' at Worcester Warriors. £25 for 6 weeks and a t-shirt. Not too sure whether there are any prizes or not, but it promises to be a laugh all the same.
However, the competitive streak in me doesn't see it as a bit of fun and I'm a little out of touch, excuse the pun, when it comes to handling a rugby ball. Even my fitness is extremely shocking. I haven't played a competitive game of rugby for two years, so it should be very interesting.
I know what you are all thinking, it is just touch, well you are wrong lol It is still a place to impress with pace and handling skills aplenty. I am not exactly known for my skilfull touch but I can guarantee I shall be playing my own style of 'Fiji' rugby.
As all of you out there who play will know, there is no such thing as a friendly and I will be playing until I will inevitably throw up! Update to follow on tonight.

Well it's a couple of hours after the last game. There were four games of 7min halves with 14mins inbetween matches. This doesn't sound a lot but the pitch width was the actual width of a full size pitch and 50m long. Teams of 6 made for some running rugby and also shown up my lack of fitness. I found myself a few times hanging out on the wing to try and catch my breath! Being a flanker, I am mainly there for defence, but luckily I found a couple of turns of speed and scored a few tries. It was actually quite hard, especially since we didn't have any rolling subs like the other teams! It was just a warm up, but the guys I played with were a great bunch and I think we have a good shout at winning! Over extended my knee and it is extremely painful, but other than that it was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment